Figuring out how to lose weight with a sweet tooth can feel torturous. But restricting yourself can often lead to overeating down the line, so it’s good to indulge in a treat every now and again. These high-protein dough bites are great for when you need a fix but don’t want to completely blow your progress.
As far as treats go, these look pretty good, says Cassetty. While these cookies have some protein-packed, nutrition-positive ingredients, they’re still considered dessert so make sure you don’t use them to fill up. Just have one or two and call it a day.
Makes 14 cookies
- 1 1/4 cups canned chickpeas, well-rinsed and patted dry with a paper towel
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons (165 grams) natural peanut butter, SunButter Natural, or almond butter at room temperature
- 1/4 cup (80 grams) honey (agave or maple syrup for vegan)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- a pinch of salt if your peanut butter doesn’t have salt in it
- 1/2 cup (90 grams) chocolate chips (use vegan and dairy-free chocolate chips, if needed)